As a standalone application, or as a module to ICS manager, the ICS RF allocation editor
helps regulators to edit and maintain a comprehensive frequency allocation plan before publication
in PDF or via a public web portal.
ICS RF allocation editor enables users to edit the content of the national Frequency Allocation Tables (FAT) and Radio Interface Regulations (RIR) prior to publication.
Nowadays it is easier than ever to customize a national FAT, whether by adding specific services and applications to a frequency band, adding special characters and images by service or by providing multiple hyperlinks to related documents (RIR, annexes, appendices, etc). This customization process facilitates rapid user searches to identify frequencies of interest.
ICS RF allocation editor manages FAT and RIR data for all countries, enabling the analysis of radio frequency services globally and simultaneously. Its cartographic engine displays stations on a map for a given service and frequency band, even cross-border, enabling a quick view of the spectrum usage in the area of interest.
ICS RF allocation has a powerful engine which helps regulators to build and publish detailed documentation about a national FAT. PDF books, as well as public websites, can be created in a fully automated way, enabling spectrum users to instantaneously access national FAT, transversing across the technical specifications within a frequency band (ITU service, RIR, footnotes, etc), to understand the use of the RF spectrum at a national and international level.
ICS RF allocation editor can be used as a standalone product or as a plug-in to ICS manager.
ICS RF allocation editor allows users to:
• Display frequency allocation tables in a customizable matrix containing radio regulations and national allocation table for all countries
• Show and filter data for all countries
• Edit services and footnotes
• Add new records per frequency band (ITU service, footnotes, hyperlinks, text, documents, EFIS applications)
• Modify existing records and track changes through a cycle (obsolete, kept, added)
• Alters text styles according to record state
• Create RF allocation reports with or without highlighted changes
• Creates and publishes clear representations of specific applications within the same frequency band using floating windows
• Simultaneously displays several frequency bands
• Reports RF allocations in DOCX, XLS or HTML formats
• Able to create a library of documents (annexes, appendices, RIR…) with version history
• Assembles reports based on Frequency Allocation Table (FAT), Radio Interface Regulations (RIR) and other documents
• Exports allocations and applications (XML EFIS format)
• Connects to a web portal in private or public mode to review RF allocations using customizable filters
• Displays and edits the Radio Interface Regulations (RIR) with customizable filters
• Edits Radio Interface Regulations (RIR) header and body separately
• Reviews Radio Interface Regulations (RIR) history table
• Reports Radio Interface Regulations (RIR) data as PDF, XLS or HTML
• Automatically detects documents and RIR not referenced by any frequency band
• Automatically detects errors in hyperlinks within frequency bands
• Displays stations on the map for a given service and frequency band
• Raster layer available (Bing maps)
• User rights management
• Produces a RF spectrum chart for display at the regulator’s office, useful for vendors and wireless equipment importers
• Easy service search in a specific frequency range or included in predefined groups (filters)
• Editable fields manages information for ITU service, hyperlink, footnote, flat text, etc and customizable country flags, special characters, colors and type of letter, etc…
• Facilitates frequency assignment to all stations with a quick and intuitive view of the RF allocation table provided by different filters and customized presets
• Analyses frequency band classification, different text styles and formats (exclusive bands, shared bands, receive-only bands, license-free bands…)
• Creates separate spectrum user categories to prioritize spectrum usage (military, security and civil applications)
• Simple and intuitive graphic user interface, following MS Windows standards.
Frequency Allocation Table edition – full editing facilities for all the fields:
• Frequency-band edition: add new content, copy/paste across different frequency bands
• Text editor for services, applications and footnotes
• Special characters (country flags) and hyperlinks defined
• Able to split frequency bands or merge consecutive ones
• Create hyperlinks to Radio Interface Regulations, footnotes, documents
• Content and note editor
• Able to track modifications per user and date, with history book.
Radio Interface Regulations edition – full editing options for all fields
• Able to edit document header and body separately
• String search function
• Completes publication of the RIR table
• Tracks changes (history book)
• Hyperlinks function
• Sorts RIR bodies by name, frequency, date.
• Creates report book including Frequency Allocations information (FAT) in the band of interest, as well as Radio Interface Regulations (RIR) based on DB information and customizable presets (country, freq band, predefined vectors like civil/military use)
• Able to report FAT, RIR, annexes, appendices separately or together
• Report format: DOCX, HTML, XLS, PDF
• Able to publish data directly in web application, in private or public mode.